Recap of Meet Magento India 2022 #MM22IN
Meet Magento is a leading annual ecommerce conference event-series that is organized in more than 40 countries including USA, Japan, Germany, Indonesia, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, UAE etc. Meet Magento 2022 India edition, took place on 4th February 2022. It was a virtual event like the last year due to the ongoing pandemic. Meet Magento is a platform that sees the coming together of technology companies, individuals, retailers, and merchants active in digital commerce. The idea is to share the latest updates and insights on how Magento disrupts the e-commerce industry and leads change. It is an opportunity for the industry leaders to share insights and expertise with the global eCommerce community.
For Magento practitioners and the developer’s community this was an opportunity to meet the experts from Magento, Magento community, Magento Contributors, Magento Authorized Trainers, Magento merchants and global leaders from Magento Solutions, Enterprise, and Gold partners. The tech sessions provided a well-rounded overview of the current Magento related technologies like Magento PWA, Magento Upgrade, Payment Industry, Magento B2B, Community Engineering, Cloud application management, Magento TDD, Scaling & Performance, and Magneto based marketplaces. In total there were over 35 industry leaders across 25 sessions over a day.
For the folks from design background there were useful sessions on how to create high impact personalized customer experience and visual engagement across the web shop. The event provided excellent opportunity for the participants to make new contacts and create business network with Industry experts, Magento Masters, Magento Contributors.
McFadyen Digital Participated as Gold Sponsor
McFadyen Digital had a much bigger participation this year as compared to last. We were Gold sponsors this year, this meant we got a track speaking slot. Sudhanshu Rawat, Head of Magento Practice at McFadyen Digital presented the topic of “Demystifying Online Marketplaces”. This session provided a very good overview of how Magento can power up Marketplace solutions covering areas like marketplace architecture, marketplace UI/UX as well as marketplace quality assurance. You can watch the session in the video below.
McFadyen Digital also ran a Magento Pop Quiz on LinkedIn the same day as the event. The quiz tested the Magento enthusiasts on their knowledge about the platform as well as marketplaces. Lucky winners received Amazon gift vouchers.
Some Key Sessions
While all the sessions were super informative conducted by the industry leaders in their respective domains, we are covering sessions which were more focused on Magento platform and marketplaces.
- Demystifying Magento Performance – A very insightful session by Hashid Hameed, Cofounder and CEO at Codilar talked about how to enhance Magento Performance by throwing light on the underlying issues, what happens behind the scenes. The session helped the audience understand the bottlenecks and ways to optimize Magento performance.
- The Power of the Edge: Delivering PWA, CDN and Security for Adobe/Magento – This session by Sonal Puri, CEO of Webscale, discussed in detail the innate power of Edge (a Webscale product) that enable newer capabilities for Adobe/Magento merchants as they address new challenges around performance and security emerging from the unprecedented growth of ecommerce. The session covered areas around how headless and PWA are delivering simplified shopping experiences, and how to modernize Magento security.
- Headless Integrations Through GraphQL and PWA – The headless architectures are at the center of complex and successful solutions for merchants, offering diversified experiences allowing agencies to organize independent development teams and execute faster in a decoupled stack architecture with a faster product experience. This session from Cristian Partica, Product Manager Integrations and Extensions at Adobe Commerce helped audience understand how to use Adobe Commerce’s API to achieve successful headless integrations by looking at its capabilities and best practices. The session ended by looking at what is next for headless capabilities coverage and Adobe Commerce’s API capability roadmap.
- MACH: Future of eCommerce – Vishal Patel, Head of Operations at Mage Monkeys spoke about MACH as a technology model that is shaping the future of ecommerce. The session explained how MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) solutions gives enterprises the freedom to choose the best tools in the market. It explained in good detail on how MACH technologies support a composable enterprise in which every component is pluggable, scalable, replaceable and can be continuously improved upon using agile development to meet any business requirement.
- Why Adobe Commerce (Cloud)? – An enlightening session by Ravi Mittal, CEO of Aheadworks & Rave Digital & Artem Kuznetsov, Senior Product Manager at Aheadworks, focused on Adobe Commerce Cloud and its features. It discussed the gaps between open source and commerce editions and how they can be filled. It beautifully articulated how merchants can leverage Adobe Commerce to derive better returns from their stores across areas like B2B, content, marketing. While Adobe Commerce Cloud may be cost-prohibitive for very small merchants for enterprise-grade eCommerce platforms, it is worth the money. Smaller businesses can still look at extensions to fill the gaps in their commerce solution..
Overall, it was yet another learning-filled Meet Magento India event which is now in its fifth year. The success of the event can be gauged from the huge numbers; over 33 sessions, 5000+ views, over 1000 attendees and over 13000 message exchanges. We learned a lot over this one-day virtual event, made lots of new friends. We hope you had a great time too. One year is a long time in this ever-evolving commerce world, but truth be told we are already looking forward to the next year’s event.