Magento Commerce 2.3.2: What You Need to Know
Magento has released Magento Commerce 2.3.2 and here’s why we think that this release is significant:
1) It has over 200 functional fixes and improvements to the core product.
2) Comes with 350 pull requests contributed by the community.
3) Has over 75 security enhancements.
4) Includes significant contributions from the Magento community members.
With important updates to security and productivity, we strongly recommend that your merchants upgrade as soon as possible to ensure their sites are secure and optimized for the highest level of performance.
MAGENTO COMMERCE 2.3.2
Supporting merchants’ need for secure, high performing sites, the latest release of Magento software includes several security enhancements along with substantial performance improvements. Highlights of this release are as follows.
1) Security: Multiple enhancements were identified by leveraging Adobe’s sophisticated security tools and the large reach of the Adobe Hacker One bug bounty program.
2) Performance: Significant performance upgrades include
– 20% improvement to storefront page-load times
– Product images loading concurrently with other page content
– 90% improvement in category browsing for merchants with large catalogs
3) Productivity: Several actions are now performed as asynchronous background processes, allowing administrators to continue working while tasks are being processed in the background.
4) Quality: Over 130 product quality enhancements across many critical areas of the platform.
Magento has also released Magento Commerce 2.2.9 and 2.1.18, and Magento Commerce 18.104.22.168. These versions also include the aforementioned security enhancements.
The Magento 2.1.18 software release marks the final supported software release for Magento version 2.1. As of June 30, Magento 2.1 will no longer receive security updates or product quality fixes now that its support window has expired. It is highly recommended that site operators plan to upgrade to Magento 2.3 as soon as possible in order to guarantee the safety of their user’s data and the brand’s reputation.
You can review the release notes for more information about all of the enhancements and go to the Security Center for more information about the security updates included in these new versions.
Magento has also made enhancements to their cloud platform and Page Builder content tool.
Cloud Platform Monitoring and Development Enhancements
Now available for Magento Commerce Pro, New Relic Infrastructure provides merchants with flexible, dynamic server monitoring. Additionally, they have introduced continued enhancements to the cloud developer experience, including improved local development using Docker and expanded self-service environment configuration capabilities that ensure reliable deployments and speed up time to launch. See the release notes for the latest ece-tools updates.
Page Builder and Content Migration Tools
The recently released content migration module helps merchants using the BlueFoot extension upgrade to Magento Commerce 2.3.1+ with Page Builder without the risk of losing their website content. Find more details in the Bluefoot Content Migration Developers Guide and learn how Page Builder helps merchants own their narrative and create richer shopping experiences here.
If you have any questions about Magento Commerce 2.3.2, how to make the most of these new features, or upgrading to the latest version, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.